Saturday, April 13, 2013
Week 1
I am hoping to learn new ideas on how to customize learning for each unique child that comes down my path. I love the Ipad as a tool for learning but I wish I had more ideas on how to personalize their learning. I want to learn how to instruct students in an online learning environment so that as a leader I have the skills to conduct an online learning class that has the options to meet only online. As the one the WAWM district technology integrators I feel it's imperative that I keep up with as much technology as possible, specifically supporting the district's technology initiatives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with your comment about customizing learning/teaching for each individual child. Every child is unique and learns their own way. I am not so sure about the ipad as a teaching/learning tool. I have to admit I have not used them in my classroom as my kids do not have them. I have used my teacher one somewhat as an instruction tool. Someone said to me that young children can really manipulate them. But my question is whether or not that really leads to learning and retention.
ReplyDeleteAs a district technology integrator it must be difficult to keep up on all the technology and problems/issues that arise constantly. We have had many ipads at our building that have issues. I admire you for your handling of all the multiple technologies coming your way.
I agree that the iPad is a tool that can help individualize learning. It is difficult with so many students to do that, but we are learning many ways on how to tackle that, which is one reason for taking this class.
ReplyDeleteI also wonder if the younger students are retaining material. My guess is that they are because they are familiar with learning this way. Very good question.
I agree that technology can be used as part of individualize learning. However, I believe that individualize learning is more than technology. How do you plan to use technology for individualize learning? Do you envision that student students will be individualizing by working on programs like Riz Kids? What are you anticipating you will learn to use that will allow for individualize learning?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt would seem that you are hoping to have almost an IEP for every student. Not a bad idea, and one that I believe ultimately technology can assist us with. First we would have to identify the deficit areas of the child, and then from their work on helping them move forward. In some ways, MAPS tests strive to make this happen. However I don't think they actually get on the mark yet. What is in an accomplishment that you have done as an integrator that you feel has been successful?
ReplyDelete